Forests are one of Africa’s greatest natural resources but they are rapidly disappearing and wood stocks are already commercially extinct in many areas.
Sustainable forestry management programmes are being implemented but they need to be mainstreamed and made increasingly robust to resist multiple pressures including land use change, charcoal making and illegal logging.
Kilimanyika provides expertise in the following areas:
- Land Tenure and Resource Use Rights
- Participatory / Community-based Forestry Management
- FSC Forest Management and Chain of Custody Certification
- Sustainable Value Chains for wood and non-timber forest products
- Forest Finance
- Forest Reserve Management
- Payments for Ecosystem Services (PES) Assessments
- REDD+ Readiness Frameworks and Assessment