Protected areas such as National Parks and Game Reserves and the biodiversity they safeguard, are one of Africa’s most celebrated features and they provide a major source of revenue for many countries.
Other forms of Protected Areas, such as Village Land Forest Reserves, Wildlife Management Areas and Communal Conservancies, are less well known but play an increasingly important role in CBNRM and biodiversity conservation.
Commercial Conservancies are an increasingly relevant land use in areas where governments are willing to hand responsibility for game, biodiversity and landscape management to private organisations.
Kilimanyika provides expertise in the following areas:
- Land Use and Livelihood Assessment
- Land Tenure and Resource Use Rights
- Land Management Planning
- Protected Area Management Planning
- Protected Area Assessments and Evaluations
- Protected Area Operational Support
- Biodiversity Assessment
- Wildlife Management
- Human Wildlife Conflict
- Wildlife Corridor Development
- Collaborative Management
- Trans-boundary Management