How we can help
At Kilimanyika, we partner with our clients to facilitate achievement of conservation outcomes and implementation of the 2015 Sustainable Development Goals. We have experience working in over 15 countries (in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America) with around USD 500 million mobilised by the directors through conservation financing under the Global Environment Facility (GEF), public funds, development banks, private sector, blended finance and through conservation enterprise development.
Our key focus areas include project design and management, policy development, management planning, projects and programs evaluation, strategic projects planning and stakeholders engagement, capacity development, socio-economic research, sustainable livelihoods assessments, ecological research and monitoring, and protected-area management planning.
At Kilimanyika, we partner with agrarian, pastoral and fishing communities, local and international NGOs, bilateral and multilateral donors, national and regional governments and private sector. We offer both short and long-term consulting services depending on clients needs.
We can help you:
- Develop policy frameworks for natural resources management and conservation
- Management planning and management effectiveness for protected areas, public and private
- Mobilise conservation through collaborations and liaison with governments, development partners, banks and NGOs to finance conservation
- Develop financial strategies for management of conservation areas utilising economic approaches such as tourism and sustainable enterprises
- Mobilise “green” financing, grants, equity investment and blended finance for conservation
- Scout for investment opportunities in natural resource based productive sectors such as tourism, fisheries and forestry
- Design projects and carry out environmental assessments and stakeholder’s engagements for conservation initiatives
- Tackle climate change through investments in alternative energy and other nature based solutions
- Communicate and advocate for natural resources management
- Monitor and evaluate natural resource development projects
- Set up and manage safeguarding protocols for new investments